- Go to http://jdk.java.net/16/
- Download the zip file for Windows / x64
- Extract the folder to your drive. For my preference, I will unzip the file to C:\Program Files\Java\
4. Set up the environment variables for JAVA_HOME. Open “Settings” and search for “View Advanced System Settings”. Click “Environment Variables” and add a variable on “System variables” section with JAVA_HOME as the variable name and “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-16.0.1” as the variable values.
5. Set up the environment variables for PATH. Edit the Path variable in “System variables” section. Append “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-16.0.1\bin\” as the variable values.
Open cmd.exe / Powershell and type “java -version”. You may check that the JDK 16 is installed.
These should be the general settings for JDK on a Windows machine.